The SIDRA PhD Summer School is a one-week annual event organized by SIDRA (Società Italiana Docenti e Ricercatori in Automatica), the Italian Control Systems Society, that takes place in Bertinoro, Forlì-Cesena, Italy.
The summer school is primarily intended for, but not restricted to, PhD, post-graduate, and researcher candidates in the Control Systems and Automatica fields. Students coming from other disciplines may also benefit from the school depending on the topics discussed.
The school success encountered in these recent years and the distinguished international guests, involved a progressive internationalization of the school that now opens up to receive applications from all European PhD students.
The two themes presented this year are “Robust and constrained control“, coordinated by professors Franco Blanchini (University of Udine) and Patrizio Colaneri (Polytechnic Univ. of Milan), and “Distributed Control and its applications“, coordinated by professors Ruggero Carli (University of Padova) and Luca Schenato (University of Padova).
Click on the School web site http://sidra2016.dei.unibo.it/ to have information about the program, the venue, the accommodation, the instructions for reaching the school, the instructions for applying to the school and the requested fee.
• Location: as usual, the SIDRA school will take place in Bertinoro, FC Italy.
• Period: from Monday, July 11th, 2016 to Saturday, July 16th, 2016.
• Accommodation: the attendees will be hosted in the Centro Universitario di Bertinoro. The accommodations will be assigned according to the booking date. Refer to Mrs. Monica Michelacci for any question.
• Costs: the fee includes the registration to the School and accommodation (half-board, i.e. breakfast and lunch). The fee (arrival on July 10th, departure on July 16th) is:
– 500,00 Euro (in double room)
– 630,00 Euro (in single room)
You could indicate your roommate in the NOTE field of the registration form.
Although non-encouraged, it is possible to register for only one of the two modules of the School; in this case, the registration fee is 330 Euro (double room) or 430 Euro (single room).
• Registration deadlines:
– June 5, 2016: Fill in the form before this deadline to submit your application to the school.
– June 13, 2016: You will receive a acceptance/rejection communication by email and instructions for the final registration.
– June 26, 2016: deadline for final registration, with the payment of the fee.
• Certified Final Exam: it will be possible to take a certified exam at the end of the school. In case of positive result, the certification can be used by students to obtain the corresponding ECTS from their PhD courses, or to comply with any other requests by their home university.
For questions related to payment, accommodation and logistics:
Mrs. Monica Michelacci email@example.com
For questions related to the School and the courses:
Prof. Maria Elena Valcher firstname.lastname@example.org
Link web site: http://sidra2016.dei.unibo.it/