The Topics of oncogenic but also oncolytic viruses are really actual and challenging in basic virology, medical virology, oncogenesis as well as tumor therapy. 20% to 25% of human tumors today are etiologically connected to seven viruses. On the other hand oncolytic viruses may open a new therapeutic option for so far not curable oncologic diseases.
Topic shall be presented and discussed covering the aspects of:
– The biology of these viruses
– Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
– Advances in oncolytic viruses, immunotherapy and clinical applications
– Epidemiology, Vaccination and Therapy
The principle is to favour during 2.5 days close contacts between advanced graduate students / post-docs and reputed scientists in a free and interactive atmosphere inviting to exchange and discussion.
The meeting will start on Friday June 10 afternoon, and end on Sunday June 12, noon
The facility is located 60 Km East of Bologna (www.ceub.it ), in the area of the Bishop’s Fortress. The surrounding area is the Appenines with hillsides covered by the local “Albana di Bertinoro” vineyards
Local transportation from and to Bologna airport will be provided
Abstracts for eighteen oral short communications and for a poster session should be submitted to: mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts should be not longer than 1 page (Arial 12 pt, 1.5 line spacing)
Prof.ssa Gabriella Campadelli-Fiume –
Prof. Thomas Mertens –
Prof.ssa Dana Wolf –
Logistics: Jessica Bazzoli – email@example.com
– € 380,00
It includes accommodation in single room from June 10th to 12th (2 nights) at the University Residential Centre of Bertinoro (or in case of overbooking in hotels nearby the Centre), all meals, coffee breaks, transportation from and to Bologna airport.
– € 330,00
It includes accommodation in double room to be shared with another participant from June 10th to 12th (2 nights) at the University Residential Centre of Bertinoro (or in case of overbooking in hotels nearby the Centre), all meals, coffee breaks, transportation from and to Bologna airport.
– € 250,00
For students, post-docs, and ESV EB and AC members. Students and post-docs please send a certification signed by your supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any accompanying person (not attending the seminar) the accommodation fees are € 200,00 to be paid on-site.
If your arrival/departure dates are different from June 10-12 please contact: email@example.com
In order to complete your registration process, please click on “BOOK ON LINE” BELOW:
Some useful information concerning your registration:
– “ID CODE” field: if you haven’t it, please write no code or 0000
– “BILLING ADDRESS” field: you have to choose your surname/name of your institution. Only one field is admitted.
– In case of double room accommodation you can specify your roommate in the field note of your online registration form. If you travel with a companion who will not be attending the seminary (husband, wife, friend,…) please specify it in the field note of your registration form. You will pay the extra cost for his/her stay at our office in Bertinoro.
TRANSPORTATION from and to BOLOGNA AIRPORT will be provided as follows:
– FRIDAY, JUNE 10th Shuttle bus from BOLOGNA AIRPORT (BLQ) to the COURSE VENUE departing at 14:00 (the seminar will start at around 16:00).
– SUNDAY, JUNE 12th Shuttle bus from the COURSE VENUE to BOLOGNA AIRPORT (BLQ) departing at around 12:00 noon (expected arrival time at Bologna airport 14:00).
For logistic purposes please inform firstname.lastname@example.org about your flight number and arrival time in Bologna on June 10th as well as your departure details on June 12th.
If your arrival/departure dates are different from the above mentioned (in: June 10, out: June 12) please contact: email@example.com